Majesty in the midst of the mundane

Lately I have been reading a book called 'God Came Near' by Max Lucado. The other night the part I was reading was talking about seeing God's majesty in everyday life. Its amazing how often I find myself going through life without realizing the things that I see everyday that shows just how incredible God is. For example, the other day I was playing frisbee down at Bradley Park, when out of nowhere a huge dark cloud came rolling in. Looking to the east, the sky got black and the wind started to blow so hard that we could hardly play frisbee anymore. The tornado sirens started to go off and it looked like it could get ugly. Then, if you turned around, the sun was shining and the sky was blue. It was a complete contrast from one side to another. Seeing the brilliant, bright shining sun on one side and the loud thunder and the awesome strikes of lightning on the other, the only thing I could think of is how awesome God is for creating such awesome weather. Trees, clouds, the sky, mountains...all these things are things we see so often, yet don't take time to appreciate how amazing they are.
A similar thing happened in Jesus' time. As he laid as a child in his mother's arms, amid the filth of the stables and the manure and the sweat and the sheep, the people in the city are too busy to notice that the God of the universe has just entered their world. They were all too busy to even consider it. People didn't miss God's arrival that night on purpose, they missed it because they weren't looking.
Not a lot has changed since then.


1 Comments:
Creative title.
Post a Comment
<< Home