Baptism in the Lake

Tonight was awesome. Northwoods Church held worship and a baptism ceremony out at their lake behind the church. I've been a christian for about 5 years now, but I've never been baptized. Its really been something thats been on my mind lately, but I've never had a church that I called home that I wanted to get it done at. Now that I regularly attend Northwoods, I've been waiting for the right time to be baptized. Tonight, along with 100 other people, including Ryan Wood and Nic Hahn, two of my friends, I was finally baptized. Charlie Dean, the leader of Nexus, and a man I really look up to was the one to do it. I don't think that water baptism is something that is necessary for salvation like some people do, but it feels really good to have it done now. I think its important as a way to publicly announce your love for God and that you're giving your life to Him.
On another note, the last two days I've rollerbladed down the hill to downtown peoria for lunch. There are street vendors that you can get a good lunch for cheap. Its really a neat scene downtown during lunch. Theres a park-type area with a huge statue in it that is completely filled with business men and women eating lunch. I go down there, have a seat, eat my lunch, and just pray for people as they walk by. There are homeless people, rich people, black people, and white people, all of whom I just sit there and watch and pray that God would be a light in there life. Its hard to go down there because they'll never know I'm praying for them, and I'll never know if my prayers for them are answered...but I have faith that they will be. I think I'll keep doing this for a while...I enjoy it.
See ya,
Ryan


1 Comments:
Congratulations again. I'm proud of you! It was an awesome experience to see the church gathered around the lake. It's a moment you'll never forget!
Post a Comment
<< Home